Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Journal 8: Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

  I believe many people are very familiar with this quote from Steve Jobs's speech in Stanford University, "stay hungry, stay foolish". At the very beginning, you may not believe that a person who never graduated from university could made such significant contribution to the society. As far as I know, he is a legend of our generation.
  His words is simple but strong. It tells me time is limited. We should not waste it or live in others' lives instead of our own. Having the courage to follow your heart is not that much easy, but we should try. Because you know what you want and who you want to become. Other things are secondary.
  Meanwhile, it also reminds me that it's never too late to learn. There are too many resources we can make full use of. The one thing we need to do is to keep learning, maintain curiousity, and not to be satisfied what you've got. It will motivate you to work harder and efficiently. I think that's why he wish students could stay hungry, stay foolish.  
  Now, studying in the U.S is a new start for me. I wish that for myself.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great journal entry, Nicole. You definitely look hungry to learn, but I don't think you're foolish at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this saying. In my country, we also have the saying which has the same meaning. It also reminds me of the saying "Study, Study, Study - Lenin"

    ReplyDelete
  3. that speech is so great. so inspirited.

    ReplyDelete