Definitely, hamburgers, chips, hotdogs, sandwiches, pizza, and other foods with ham, cheese, or butter are stereotypes connected with American food. As a matter of fact, it's true. In the first two weeks I just arrived here, I can't stand the smell coming out from fast-food restaurant. It smells so greasy. In China, there are millions fast-food restaurants, too. I don't know why I can't get used to it any more. In those days, I hardly went out for food. Inevitably,I need to hang out with my friends. After hanging out with friends for many times, I got used to the smell eventually. But the taste is ... still pending. Comparing with Chinese food, American food is much greasier, saltier, sweeter and sourer.
But they are just a portion of American food. Nowadays, more and more Americans pay more attention to their health and body figure. Thanks to them, many restaurants and food producers adapt themselves to meet consumers' demands. For instance, we can see lots of products in supermarkets divided into several categories by their content of sugar and fat. We always see "low sugar", "sugar-free", "low fat" , and "nonfat" on their pack. That's a good thing. In China, it's not easy to find a label written with how much calorie you are going to take in.
Please do not believe in " low sugar,or nonfat" food. they are lier
ReplyDeleteBut we never gain weight when we live in our country. Could you see that? ^^ Even we know how many calories are in our meal, we stil...... so sad
ReplyDeleteExactly, In China, we don't have that system to measure how much calorie we should meet.
ReplyDeleteI also diskike American food. But I really enjoy Chinese foods in Korea.They are not actually chinese traditional cook, but chinese who came to Korea created them to suit Korean taste. They are black noodle and spicy mixed seafood noodle.
ReplyDelete